Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Follow-up

Wow, it's been 4 months since I last blogged. Time flies - seems to be my keyword for life. For the past couple of days I've been thinking about how to improve the results of my face detection implementation and I think the order's gonna be (I'll stick to Viola-Jone's nomenclature, if something's not clear to you please check their paper) :
1. Switch to integral images and integral-image-based features
2. Fix AdaBoost (there's something wrong with my AB implementation, it's not optimal - gotta find why

After that I should run the training process on a larger dataset and see how it affected the results.
----
During my stay in Tucson, over the summer, I've been doing some work at the University of Arizona, namely at the Arizona Simulation Technology and Education Center - ASTEC. Because of my interest in medicine I'm very happy of the time spent in that lab, I was also able to collect some data that should make a basis for my thesis - "Image processing in computer-guided surgical training". One of the interesting things I'll be doing in there is a structure-to-motion application. My website http://wytyczak.com/andrzej/upload/ should have the most up-to-date stuff on that matter.

No comments: