Thursday, July 5, 2007

Face detection status

Tuesday I finished hooking up f-spot with the opencv library. This integrates the face detection into f-spot and we're able to mark the face candidates returned by opencv (although not very precisely, due to some bug that is yet to be located). It looks kind of funny, but here it is :



This shows both the detection integrated into f-spot and the original opencv detection (the one blending in, with the circles).
It seems like some problem with the coords, but don't really know. The hack is mostly located in the f-facedetect.c which is linked with the libfspot. You can check it out of the svn at http://code.google.com/p/facedetect-f-spot/

Anyway, I spent the last 2 days digging through the various Viola-Jones face detector articles and code. I still feel uncomplete though, so if anyone has any experience in this matter and is
willing to answer a couple of questions - please let me know :)

Also in the news is that I pretty much have to finish this until July 18th, due to my earlier unplanned trip to the US, where I'm not allowed to work on the SoC project, and where I'll be until the end of september :/ If (which is highly probable) I won't make it until the 18th I'll continue working on the project, but outside of SoC.


edit: I actually have the algorithm pretty much figured out right now, it didn't take as much as I thought it would ;) although, still, I'll probably have a couple of questions, so please let me know if you know anything about the V-J algorithm!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

we use VJ regularly, let me know if you have questions.

apart said...

Great, please contact me via email: iapart at gmail

hemant said...

hi there
thank you very to sharing your work with us
i downloaded ur code but u r not provided data file 'mauje.mat'
so the code is not run
can u plz provde this also bcoz i m working on facial recognition syst so i need it

waiting for reply

thanks

Unknown said...

hi.thanks i download v&j code but i need feature.mat and 'cumimages-28-01-08.mat how i can find them.please help me.

Unknown said...

unfortunatly i didnt find your email address. my email address is t.hassanzadeh@gmail.com.please answer me.thanks.